On Sunday, I received a beautiful rose from a spirited bunch of teenagers during the Gaza fundraising.
I found it thoughtful :)
On the way home, I stared at the beauty of the rose; such a beautiful creation of God. It never fails to brighten up a day or lit up a smile.
Then it hit me. What about the people of Gaza? In the midst of pain and terror are they able to enjoy the beauty of a rose?
I guess in Singapore, there are a lot of little things, beauty and simplicity that we take for granted. Forget about a rose. Just look at our trees! They are everywhere! Yet, not many appreciate their presence.
When I was in Vietnam, the first thing I missed the most were Singapore’s trees. I missed the constant sight of green. I missed the leaves. I missed the morning smell.
Lesson learnt on Sunday: Slow down and count your blessings.