As a child, I have always held the strangest aspirations. I wanted to be soo many things. I wanted to be a doctor to save lives. I wanted to be a traveler to meet people all over the world. I wanted to save children from feeling pain and hunger. I wanted to donate all of my stuffs away! I wanted to adopt children. And I always thought I was adopted. I think my parents had a hard time with me as a young girl. They still do now.
Today, as a female soon entering adulthood; I am no different. It is certainly less easy when I do not have parents who support my weirdest aspirations. But I know I will be able to achieve it on my own (with God’s permission). I may not be able to be a doctor who medically saves lives, but I have achieved a fraction of that dream as a first aider. I have travelled a little bit but it is not satisfying enough.
I wished I had more empowerment towards accomplishing these dreams. I want to make this world a better place. I need to. I know I have the energy to play a larger role in this life. I want to use the energy I am blessed with as a youth for a good cause.
Singapore is just too small for me right now. There is so much happening beyond! I want to face the pain of war thorn countries. I want to share my meals with an orphan. I want to give what I have learned here back to the people beyond Singapore. I can’t just keep gaining knowledge and not be able to pass it to someone else? I know I will grow to be a better person through these experiences. I want to share my blessings.