I just realised how much this society focuses on materials first instead of encouraging the Halal, to avoid the Haram.
For example, what I have learnt from society so far, Before you can get married you must: +Study, earn a degree. +Have a stable job with big $$$ +BE OLD ENOUGH. (Tell me what age is old enough?) I do not know about the rest, but this is what I have learnt about so far.
I do not think all these requirements are needed for marriage in Islam.
This entry goes out to a fellow brother. He's an undergrad and will be married soon, insyaAllah. I am proud of him because he is capable of breaking out from the common opinion about marriage. I am proud of him because he takes it in his stride to protect himself from the Haram by accepting the Halal. I am proud of him because he is a practicing Muslim.